1-866-446-CORP (2677)
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Youtube


Our office will be providing limited service from January 27 - February 18, 2020 inclusive.

Priority processing services will not be available during this period and clients will experience delays in the processing of their orders.
Delays of 3-4 business days for responses to email inquiries and telephone messages may also be experienced during this time.

If priority service is required, we would recommend that you use an alternate service provider during this period.
Our normal service standards will resume on February 19, 2020.

Extra Provincial Registrations in Ontario

We offer a variety of resources to assist you with the process of extra-provincial registrations in Ontario.

Extra-provincial registrations are generally required if a corporation carries on business outside of its home Province of incorporation.* Federally incorporated companies in Canada do not have a home Provincial jurisdiction, and therefore they must be registered as an extra-provincial corporation in each Province that they carry on business.**

Also known as branch office registrations, extra-provincial registrations are required by corporations in all of the following circumstances:

  • Provincial Corporations – Corporations planning to carry on business in any Province other than their home jurisdiction are required to complete extra-provincial registration pursuant to provincial legislation.
  • Federal (Canada) Corporations – In addition to having the constitutional right to engage in business operations within any Canadian province or territory, all federally incorporated businesses must register as extra-provincial corporations to carry on business within their jurisdictions.**
  • Foreign Corporations - Any foreign corporation wishing to carry on business using a branch office in Canada (as opposed to a subsidiary corporation), must complete extra-provincial registrations in each Province where they plan to conduct business.

Eric P. Cohen, Barrister & Solicitor, an Ontario lawyer, offers extra-provincial business registrations throughout Canada. We offer a variety of resources to assist you with the process of extra-provincial registrations and other business incorporation requirements in Canada. If you have questions about this process or would like to get started, contact us today.

* The provinces of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick waive extra-provincial registration requirements for corporations incorporated in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick which also carry on business in the other province. Pursuant to the New West Partnership Trade Agreement, the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan waive extra-provincial registration filing fees for corporations incorporated in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan which also carry on business in one or more of the other provinces.

** With the exception of Prince Edward Island in certain circumstances.

Have a Question?

New Business Now.com is a BBB Accredited Business. Click for the BBB Business Review of this Searchers of Records in Richmond Hill ON