Not-for-Profit Incorporation in Ontario
Not-for-profit incorporation packages are designed for not-for-profit organizations and charities located in the Province of Ontario.Click Here for Pricing & to Incorporate Your Non-Profit Now!
Eric P. Cohen, Barrister & Solicitor offers a variety of Ontario Not-For-Profit Incorporation packages, including Flexible, Standard and Comprehensive Packages. These packages provide you with a not-for-profit organization incorporated under the Corporations Act (Ontario).
A not-for-profit corporation is similar to a for-profit or business corporation as it is considered to be a legal person with an independent existence separate and distinct from its members. The main difference between a for-profit and not-for-profit corporation is the ability to distribute profits. In a not-for-profit corporation any profit must be retained within the corporation and cannot be distributed to the members.
In order for an Ontario Not-For-Profit Corporation to operate in any other Canadian Province or Territory, it must first register in that other jurisdiction as an "Extra-Provincial" Corporation. If you are planning to operate your organization in a number of Provinces, or across Canada, a Federal Not-For-Profit Incorporation may be a better option.
Incorporation benefits for non-profit organizations and charities include the following:
- The corporate names of incorporated non-profit organizations are legally protected to a greater extent than those of unincorporated associations.
- Incorporation generally shields the members of your organization from personal liability.
- By incorporating your organization, its independent and separate legal status allows the organization to continue to exist and operate even if the individual founders cease their involvement or pass away.
- After completing the not-for-profit incorporation process, your charitable organization may have better success in acquiring both public and private donations.
When you begin the not-for-profit incorporation process, you will quickly notice that our pricing is competitive, comprehensive, and affordable. Our incorporation packages for non-profit organizations in Ontario are also complemented and enhanced by professional staff members, service excellence, and compliant, accurate, and customized documents. If you have any questions about our various incorporation packages for non-profit organizations, please contact us today.
- Flexible Incorporation Packages are our most cost effective incorporation option for clients who only require us to prepare and file the initial incorporation documents. These packages provide the flexibility to choose each component of the incorporation process and are intended for incorporators who will take care of organizational matters separately.
- Standard Incorporation Packages include all mandatory documentation required to properly incorporate and organize your non-profit corporation. This includes preparation and filing of the incorporation documents, along with corporate organization, (including by-laws, registers, ledgers, initial meeting minutes/resolutions), and the preparation of a corporate minute book and seal.
- Comprehensive Incorporation Packages include all mandatory documentation required to properly incorporate and organize your non-profit organization, along with registration for various tax accounts with the federal and Provincial governments This includes preparation and filing of the incorporation documents, along with corporate organization, (including by-laws, registers, ledgers, initial minutes/resolutions), and the preparation of a corporate minute book and seal.
Fast Facts-Ontario Not-For-Profit Incorporation
|Ontario Not-For-Profit Incorporation|
Click Here for Pricing & to Incorporate Your Non-Profit Now!